Monday, February 26, 2018

February Flower Violet

Hello, my friends,

You may remember (or not) that I'm trying to use my
Flower of the Month Collection.

February's flower is the violet.


I stamped the violet using Encore Silver ink and heat embossed with
silver embossing powder.  This process makes it so easy to watercolor!

I swiped Distress ink on my palette and picked up the color with
a waterbrush adding more color here and there.

Using the wet on wet technique, I did a light wash in the background.

When it was dry, I die cut the image, added an embossed sentiment
and popped it on an dry embossed background.


This card was inked and heat embossed in white, using the same technique
except on colored cardstock.

I found watercoloring on colored cardstock quite easy as long as
I kept the brush damp, not wet.

We did this card in my class this month.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Year of Flowers Collection (PTI), Birthday Wishes (Verve)
Ink:   Encore Silver, Seedless Preserves, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint (DI)
Paper:   Solar White 110 lb. (Neena), Mixed Media (ST), Orchid Opullence (SU)
Other:  Mat Stack 3, Layered Mat Stack dies (PTI), Silver EP, Water Brush, 

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:Year of Flowers Collection (PTI), Birthday Wishes (Verve)
Ink:  Whisper White, Wilted Violet Peeled Paint (DI)
Paper:  Solar White 110 lb. (Neena), Wisteria Wonder (SU)
Other: White EP (SU), Square Lattice EF (ret. SU), Mat Stack 3, Layered Mat Stack dies (PTI), Water Brush
 

19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty and delicate first card. Love how you've framed those wonderfully coloured violets. The texture on the background of both cards look fabulous. Great technique on the second card with water colouring on coloured card stock...So effective x

jimlynn said...

Very pretty backgrounds on both cards and the flowers are so pretty! Makes me wish spring was here already.
Lynn

Linda said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie. Like your embossed backgrounds.

Marcia Hill said...

These are both SO pretty Bonnie! I have to admit that I've never tried water coloring on a darker cardstock, but I'm intrigued after seeing your 2nd card and think I might have to give this a try!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Both are so pretty Bonnie, I must say your watercolouring on dark card stock is gorgeous and I love the embossed texture of you lighter card :)

Loll said...

Two wonderful cards using that beautiful violet stamp, Bonnie. LOVE it! So pretty on white with the soft watercolouring and wash background. And it turned out beautifully on the coloured card stock. xx

Carole said...

Two lovely cards Bonnie....love the softness of the first one and the wonderful shape you have used to die cut. the second one...on dark card...never thought of that!...wonderful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely cards mf...great shape too.
x Karen

JosieD said...

These cards look so good...and I'm thinking fairly easy to do with lots of different options to play around with. Love the look of the image on the colored card stock...for some reason I forget to use that so this is a good reminder.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both gorgeous, with wonderful results with your watercolouring.
Faith
x

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are so lovely! Great water coloring!

Bobby said...

The embossed backgrounds add a lot of drama to the lovely flower panels, Bonnie.

nancy littrell said...

Such pretty watercolored violets, Bonnie. We have violets that are both these colors and yellow violets too. They are adding sweet little spots of color to our early Spring blooming gardens. TFS your beauties and CAS design. Hugs

Susan said...

Two beautiful cards, Bonnie. I can't wait for spring and the violets that bloom in my garden (probably not till April!!). I especially love your second card with that lovely mauve colour, and the stamping and colouring on the coloured cs.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Bonnie! Just love how you colored the violets - perfect on the arched mat!!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie! Great watercolouring and design with the embossed background. I must say my favourite is the one watercoloured in color cardstock... so rich in colour. I was quite surprised how easy it was to watercolour on cardstock.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are very pretty, Bonnie! Your distress ink watercolouring is so beautiful and I love the colors of violets! The panel frame/mat die-cut and the background dry embossing are stylish! Hideko xx

Brenda said...

These are stunning cards Bonnie! I love the flower image and I love the watercoloring and backgrounds. Hugs, Brenda

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colors on both. I will have to try stamping with the embossing powder and then coloring. A great technique.